Monday, November 11th, 2013...10:11 am
Ask Jody: Upcoming Bridal Fashion Trends
Melissa, East Hampton
Q: Hi. Can you tell me what are some of the new trends in wedding gowns for the spring/summer? Starting to shop around. Thanks!
A: Hi Melissa. Thanks for writing! Here are some of the top trends from bridal fashion week:
- Ruffles with simple necklines
- Illusion necklines with lace appliques
- Versatile dresses; a long dress that can convert to a short dress for the reception!
- Corset bodices
- Sleeves (inspired by Kate Middleton)
- Vintage with lots of beading and sequins
The most important thing is finding a dress for your body type. The bridal consultant at the salon should be able to point you in the right direction, but it’s always a good idea to do preliminary research. Check out Bridal Reflections‘ website for inspiration.
Here’s to finding your dream gown!