April 13th, 2014
Ladies, hang onto your compacts – We just discovered Pucker, New York City’s newest makeup-only studio which just opened in February in SoHo. It’s like Dry Bar — which offers blow dry services exclusively, except Pucker offers make-up application! So this is the perfect place to look perfect before going out on the town.
A collaboration between renowned celebrity makeup artist Julio Sandino and business-savvy mom Hiyam McKelvey, Pucker, at 129 Grand Street, offers a chic, two-floor studio as the perfect place for bachelorette parties, bridal parties and everything in-between.
Beyond doing away with the awkwardness (and pushiness) of a department store makeup counter, Pucker has many other fabulous attributes:
· It’s affordable. Each session (including those with Julio) costs only $50
· The studio is open and spacious with plenty of room to relax and have a cocktail before and after services
· Pucker features eight individual makeup chairs as well as a downstairs Dressing Room. The dressing room includes private changing rooms, lockers for clothing storage, a restroom and shower
· The downstairs also boasts a large vanity mirror area stocked with tools and hair items needed to primp or touch up
· Last but not least: a selfie studio. Yep, a permanent, private room set up with professional lights (no gray pallors here) for the sole purpose of selfies!
For ladies who want to kick off their wedding day at Pucker, the Pucker team will provide a special experience that will make the best day of a bride’s life even more amazing. (Off-site wedding packages start at $100/person, plus reasonable expenses for travel).
Of course, appointments are a MUST — 212-334-3690 (and ask about make-up classes, coming soon!)